Experience true Mayan Civilization on our Coba Tours combo! This is an off the beaten track tour for those who are looking for a more authentic experience in the Riviera Maya. You’ll have an opportunity on our Coba tour combo to experience not only just the ancient Mayan civilization of Coba but also a beautiful nearby lake where you will learn even more about the Mayan way of life way back when. You will meet the direct descendants of the chicleros, which are the people that harvested chicle from the zapote trees, who originally settled Punta Laguna. Today they still live off the land with a little bit of tourism mixed showing people around their amazing homeland. You will have a chance to buy traditional Mayan crafts and will also be asked to participate with the elders of the village in a cleansing ceremony before they show you the beautiful land they call their own.
While hiking you will most likely see spider or howler monkeys as their are hundreds that call Punta Laguna home. This in one of the leading places of spider monkey research in the world because of the vast congregation of them. You will be able to visit a museum showing you the growing monkey population and their history here at this amazing place and why they love it so much. Aside from the monkeys their is also of wildlife to see such as crocodiles, coati, pumas, deer, and a wide variety of tropical birds also call Punta Laguna home.
You will also get to experience the lagoon by canoe and if you like, zipline over 240 meters over the lagoon or rappel down into an underground cenote. This is an action packed day to explore the wilds of the Mayan Riviera in the way we truly believe it should be seen.
- Entrance to the Coba Ruins with enough time to thoroughly explore this historical Mayan site
- Multilingual (architectural & adventure) guide who will walk you through the jungle teaching you about the unique Mayan culture and environment.
- Free time at the Coba Ruins to explore and adventure through the jungle yourself and explore the local lagoons (where there are even crocodiles!)
- Kayak into the beautiful Mayan mangrove lined lagoons with abundant wildlife on a tranquil fresh water lagoon where you will be able to appreciate the exquisite natural surroundings
- Rappel down rock races into one of Coba’s crystal clear cenotes. The chance to experience unsurpassed beauty whilst enjoying a refreshing swim
- Zip lining through the tropical jungle with breathtaking views where you will feel like a bird!
- Mayan Cleansing Ceremony
- Swim in hidden caves
- Visit to the amazing Nohoch Mul pyramid which is the tallest in the Yucatan Peninsula
- Visit to a mayan village
- Traditional Mayan feast, prepared by indigenous Mayans in their home village!
- All equipment for activities
Nohoch Mul pyramid
This is one of the very few Mayan pyramids that is left still open to the public to climb, so take advantage before it´s too late. If you manage to make it to the top you´ll be rewarded by the incredible views out over the jungle canopy that lets you see for miles.
- Hotel pick up approx. 7:30 – 8:00 a.m., Tour returns at approx. 7:00 p.m.
- Round trip Transportation in a comfortable air conditioned 14 passenger van
- Children 3 and under are free for this tour but must be sat in an adults lap
- Drinks not included with meal
- You will receive your tour confirmation within 24 hours of purchase
***This expedition is not suitable for handicapped people, people who suffer from heart issues, or people who have respiratory or back problems. It is not recommended for pregnant women or for anyone who is obese, over approx 260 pounds. Children under 6 years old cannot participate or people under the influence of alcohol or toxic substance won’t be allowed to participate in this expedition***
Any questions you have, please send to email@example.com and one of our team will be happy to assist!
This tour was an action packed day of fun! When I first booked this tour I wasn’t planning to do the zipline, but my wife insisted that she wanted to try it. However when we got to the park area the staff made me feel very safe, and I decided to give it a try after watching several children lead the way. I never thought this old man would see the day! Also the kayaking was a lot of fun, but you definitely need to bring some energy with you. Honestly, if I could do it again I may have chosen for an all day tour just at Coba. As is turns out it is a very big ruin site and I would have liked more time to explore at the ruins. However that is no fault of this tour as the staff and guide at the ruins were great! Just be ready for a long day.