When it comes to Scuba Diving lessons, Cancun ought to be at the top of your list as the perfect location to choose! Scuba diving in Cancun has become one of the most popular activities for visitors in recent years, allowing us to teach an average of 18,000 resort course lessons per year! The teaching facilities are the first Career Development Center in Mexico, and is also the first diving university in Mexico with PADI certified instructor.
You will begin your scuba experience with a brief theory session, to ensure safety and the required basic skills are covered. We will then move on to a practical session in a relaxed swimming pool setting, taking you down to 10m where you will practice diving techniques and build confidence alongside your instructor.
After your 2 hour introductory lesson, you will be ready to make your first dive in the waters of Isla Mujeres Bay where you will experience an actual reef dive. This particular bay, where sits the reefs of Manchones, is considered to be the best place to make a first diving submersion in Mexico. You will be guided for approximately 35 minutes to explore the reefs and the animals that inhabit the reefs, a truly spectacular and unforgettable experience!
After you have completed your day of adventure, spirits and adrenaline will be high from your new found passion. Fortunately Cancun will be waiting for you with plenty of entertainment to let you unwind and enjoy yourself! Following on from your dive lesson you should feel confident with basic diving techniques and be able to make an informed decision as to whether completing your PADI open water qualification will be for you!
Note: If you are already dive certified and interested in one of our more advanced dives take a look at our Cancun Scuba Diving section for more dive options.
- Lessons operate Daily, Starts at 11:00 a.m.
- Duration approx. 4 hours
- Consists of one Academic session, One Confined water session, and one Open Water Dive
- Tour starts at the dock location specified in your confirmation.
- Certified PADI Instructor
- This is a resort style scuba diving lesson in Cancun with a reef dive at Isla Mujeres Bay
- 1 instructor for every 4 divers
- Boat and scuba diving equipment included
- *Marine Park & Dock fee of $10 USD required on the day of your tour (additional)
- This is suitable for children 11 years old, but they must have signed permission from their guardian
- Medical questionnaire must be filled out before the Scuba Diving lesson
- People with Asthma, Sinusitis, heart, and breathing disease are not eligible for this lesson
- Clients must show up 30 minutes before the start time
- Our tour can be canceled or delayed by weather conditions
Any questions you have, please send to [email protected] and one of our team will be happy to assist!